The Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) participated in the 2018 Eswatini International Trade Fair, from the 31st August 2018 to the 10th September 2018. ESCCOM joined hundreds of other companies, organisations and institutions both from the Kingdom of Eswatini and beyond the borders. This year’s exhibition was themed “50 Years of Connecting Traders”. ESCCOM participated mainly to inform Exhibitors and the General Public of its operations and mandate. The Commission’s theme and focus on this year’s exhibition was on the recently launched Subscribers’ Registration called VELA. The Exhibition was officially opened on the 1sSeptember 2018 by His Majesty, King Mswati 111, who also took time to visit the exhibitors’ stalls.
SUMMARY OF PROCEEDINGS
- The Trade Fair attracted over 200 companies and organisations from the Kingdom of Eswatini and beyond the borders.
- The Composition of exhibitors comprised different sectors and industries; Corporate Companies, Financial Institutions, Educational Institutions, Municipalities from Eswatini and beyond the borders, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government Institutions and Ministries.
- The Exhibitions commenced on Friday the 31st August 2018 and were officially opened by the Head of State on Saturday the 1st September 2018
- The Commission participated to share information on its mandate and operations.
- His Majesty King Mswati 111 and the Royal Family visited ESCCOM Stall
Key questions asked by stall visitors comprised;
- What the Commission is all about?
- Who is responsible for the VELA Campaign?
- What role is played by the Commission under VELA?
- Is it possible to register a SIM CARD once and the subsequent SIM CARDS any individual may have, will be linked to the initial registration?
- How can one be assisted on the unexplained and unauthorized airtime deductions made by some operators?
- How does one lodge a complaint with the Commission?